July 12, 2011

do you think me?



...

youre in the walls of my mind tonite, echoing
reminding how ive misplaced me
youre not here but youve always been there
when noone else could see the words move fluidly

because when my speeding imagination snuffs my sanity
& i willnot, cannot trust you or every other soul
im still going to blame you for my piece'd up heart
but darling red, ill still love you with my whole

& when ive designed lavender walls blue-sky high
blacking out every sliver of silver moonlight
when the winds of a cold mouth sting me
& i still dont start to want to fight

when i let go, tumbling into the pit of it all
& the thick sands dance atop my head
when i know my spine needs to curve straight for us
but i would rather just float down in numbness instead

when steps of smiling while breathing is just too much to do
& this panther inside human clothes wont stand on her own
exhausting to bits & pieces of a purple poetic mess
i hope its in your mind to carry me back home

...


['hidden dragon' pix by twelveRN]

6 comments:

  1. dang...me likes...panther in human clothes...and the ...when i know my spine needs to curve straight for us
    but i would rather just float down in numbness instead...great stuff....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree with Belinda and Brian...christ this is a good read! :) // Peter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is a stunning "fractured" feeling in the voice of this poem. Rasii

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this purple poetic mess :)
    Enjoyed reading it.

    "im still going to blame you for my piece'd up heart
    but darling red, ill still love you with my whole"
    Amazing words!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its beautiful.... I liked it so much...
    Thanks for sharing...

    Shashi
    ॐ नमः शिवाय
    Om Namah Shivaya
    http://shadowdancingwithmind.blogspot.com/2011/07/whispers-cuckoos-song-and-smell-of-love.html

    ReplyDelete